On October 13, the Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) was informed by one of its suppliers that confidential data concerning most MÉDIC Construction insureds were involved in a cybersecurity incident. This incident affected the majority of people covered by the MÉDIC Construction plan as well as their dependents (including spouses).
The CCQ sent letters by mail to all MÉDIC Construction insured persons. It is therefore important to check the mail often; the letters were sent on November 6 and 7, 2023.
- If you are one of the people affected by this situation, your letter will contain instructions on the precautions to take to protect your personal information at Equifax.
- If you are not one of those affected, you will receive a letter confirming that you do not need to take any action.
If you want to know now if you are affected by this cybersecurity incident, you can call the CSD Construction office closest to you. You can also call the CCQ directly on their dedicated line: 1-833-393-3192.
If you are unfortunately affected by the situation, here is what the CCQ offers you:
- a free subscription to Equifax services for credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a period of 24 months.
- IMPORTANT: Affected individuals must register before February 29, 2024;
- a dedicated Equifax telephone line (the number is included in the letter to affected members);
- a CCQ telephone line dedicated to those affected: 1-833-393-3192.
Our CSD Construction staff will be able to support you in this stressful situation. Do not hesitate to contact us.Retour aux nouvelles